I've made this recipe before and they were a huge hit. I'll make it in the near future again so that I can take pictures and a video. But for now, here is the recipe if you want to give it a try.
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
12 oz. (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
A bag of Andes Mint Chocolate, broken in half
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Over low heat, combine butter, sugar and water. Heat until melted.
- Add chocolate chips until only partly melted. Remove from heat and stir. Pour into large mixing bowl. Let stand 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Beat in eggs one at a time on high speed.
- Reduce mixer to low speed and add flour, salt and baking soda. Beat until well-blended.
- Chill one hour.
- Roll into balls, place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Place a halved Andes Mint piece on top of each cookie after taking them out from the oven. Allow to melt slightly and spread with a spoon.
- Place onto cooling rack and let cool.