3 very ripe bananas, smashed up
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, room temperature and beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and four a 9x5 loaf pan
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together. Sprinkle baking soda and salt around on top of the banana mixture.
- Gently and gradually stir/fold in the flour. Be careful not to over-mix!
- In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon to create the cinnamon swirl mixture.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half, or a little more than half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan. Add the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, but remember, if you’re using a different-sized loaf pan, be careful and keep a close eyeball on it! It's ready when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.